Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rediscovered Blogs and Korean Love

Sooo...I've decided that perhaps it's time I start (or revamp, rather) a blog, mostly to prevent further irritation of my Facebook friends. I don't know if I'm actually irritating them, but with all the Korean obsession I've been spewing all over my social networking profile, I imagine that I am. A blog would probably help alleviate some of that. It's a place where I can spout all the nonsense about B.A.P. that I feel like while not feeling bad because all of my readers will be voluntary. I have no idea why anyone might want to read my mind-vomit, but there are a lot of crazy people like me out there and a few of them just might be interested in what I have to say.

It seems as though I have a lot more to talk about lately, though I don't want to subject most of my friends to the torture of me ranting about them, because they mostly have to do with Korean bands and how much I hate my job.

On the subject of Korean bands, B.A.P. is my latest obsession. I'm almost unable to stifle my excitement over those six cute blonde boys. It's with good reason that I tend to fangirl over them, since they are far from being rookies. Brand-new group though they may be, they're undeniably fantastic. Their sound, style, choreography and cohesion make them one of the most impressive bands I've had the pleasure of discovering in a long time. Thanks to Alex and I stumbling upon Bang & Zelo late last year, we eagerly looked forward to B.A.P.'s debut, and we were far from disappointed when the day finally came. B.A.P.'s debut song, Warrior, is definitely not your typical rookie song. Bands tend to stick with something soft, uncomplicated and safe for their debut, trying to earn as wide of a fanbase as possible before going into more stylized stuff. B.A.P. went in exactly the opposite direction. Warrior is fast and hard, with complicated rapping and beautiful vocals, combined wit highly synchronized choreography and deep imagery in their dance and video. It's a song about rebellion, as referred to in the lyrics and the dance, where maknae (youngest member) Zelo controls his hyungs (older members) like a puppet-master with his marionettes, only to have them turn on him at the end of the song and "shoot" him in the head. Bang Yong Guk has some of the best rapping abilities I've ever heard, and his deep, husky voice only adds to the effect. I'm biased toward T.O.P. of Big Bang when it comes to rapping, but Bang now holds a special place in my musical heart as well. (Don't worry, T.O.P., you're amazing and I still adore you!) He also seems to make an incredible leader, gently but firmly guiding his dongsengs (younger members) on the road to stardom. Choi Joon Hong, better known as Zelo, is the lead rapper and dancer in addition to being the group's maknae (youngest member). I'm afraid I'm majorly pedoing on the poor boy, because he's way too damn cute for his own good. I'm also beginning to get attached to Jung Dae Hyun, the group's main vocalist, but I'm afraid I don't know very much about him and the other members of the band: Kim Him Chan (vocalist, rapper and visual), Yoo Young Jae (lead vocalist) and Moon Jong Up (vocalist and main dancer). I'm sure with how much I'm growing to love this band, though, that in time I'll be able to tell you all of their life stories, haha.

Here's the video for you, in case you're interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment