So, I went to my first anime convention this past weekend, GarasuNoShiCon 2010 in Ohio. For such a small convention, it was a lot of fun.
I went with Alex, she-who-will-remain-anonymous-for-my-integrity's-sake and Sydney. Alex cosplayed as Sailor Uranus, though she was originally supposed to be Sailor Neptune, but pulls she off the blond look way better than I do XD She-who-will-remain-anonymous-for-my-integrity's-sake was Sailor Saturn, to go along with our little group, though she wanted to be Sailor Pluto and got confused. I was Sailor Neptune, though I was originally supposed to be Sailor Uranus but didn't look good as a blond. Sydney went as...Rukia from Bleach, for some reason I'm not quite sure of XD
What I never expected was how many people would want to take our picture. I felt like some sort of celebrity, getting stopped every once in a while so someone could get a photo XD When we got there on the first day, I felt completely silly and ridiculous, but after we started getting a lot of attention, I was able to relax and have fun with it.
We didn't pay much attention to the panels, but of course we went to the Sailor Moon one. The one I really enjoyed was Tie Me Up. Oh my gods, Tie Me Up...It. Was. Amazing. There's no other way to describe it. I was expecting someone to stand at the front of the room and ramble on for an hour about tying people up, but it was nothing like I'd thought it would be. The lady presenting it was absolutely hilarious, she did actual demonstrations of various ties, and her sub was so hot. I'm not afraid to say it XD All I want to know is where she found him and where I can get one. I've had it pointed out to me on numerous occasions that I would make a good dom and now that I think of it, they're probably right. I'm a dom in everything else I do, so why not? LOL
We saw a lot of awesome costumes at the con, but most of the ones that really stood out to me either I didn't know where they came from or they might have just been fun outfits XD One in particular was the guy with the face mask, half shirt, and tail. He was just plain adorable. We were walking behind him and she-who-will-remain-anonymous-for-my-integrity's-sake shrieked, "He's got a tail!" He turned around and was just so damn cute that I wanted to hug him. So I did ^.^; Another was a cosplay recognizable by fans and n00bs alike: Kakashi from Naruto. Two of them, actually. They were absolutely fantastic. She-who-will-remain-anonymous-for-my-integrity's-sake was too afraid to go up to them and ask to take their picture because they were hot XD So Alex and I shoved her over to them, but ended up having to ask them for her anyway. They were great sports about it, though, and even had a routine worked out for photo requests ^-^
The cosplay arena during day two was also a lot of fun. We weren't there for very long, but I got to see Alex, Sydney and a few new friends we made there put on an epic battle (which they won). The guy who called himself the Prince of Zombies was uber adorable, by the way. I like how he glomp-attacked their opponents. Sami and I didn't dress up that day, but Sydney dressed as Rukia again and Alex had put together a cute little lolita outfit. I love lolitas, just for future reference XD If I could, I would be one. All the time, not just for special events.
Anyway, that was a little account of my wonderful weekend of anime convention awesomeness ^.^ I hope everyone that went had as good of a time as I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment